[3830] Rus DX K7RL SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 17 15:30:07 EDT 2019

                    Russian DX Contest - 2019

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WA

  160:   18      0        4         1
   80:  103      0       13         4
   40:  173     53       28        11
   20:  332    183       60        16
   15:   21      0       10         0
   10:    1      0        1         0
Total:  648    236      116        32  Total Score = 471,972

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

The propagation gods were not smiling on my RDX effort this year. It felt like I
was in the proverbial black hole the entire contest, especially compared to the
guys back east. Had a 1.5 hour run to EU on 20m, and that was basically it for
Europe. Russian stations were hard to find on any band.

All EU and Russia Qs on 40m were worked skew path beaming about 100 degrees. The
signals were weak and plagued with echo, making it the radio equivalent of a
root canal to receive the number. Major thanks to those stations for the repeats
as we battled to finish the QSO.

Poor propagation to Europe, and Russia in particular, made for a tough 24 hours.
I couldn't tell if lack of activity from Asia or poor propagation was to blame
for my low Asia numbers. Probably both.

Thank you to my neighbor to the north, VE7JH, for my only Q on 10m.

73, Mitch, K7RL