[3830] NA Sprint SSB K9JF HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 24 00:59:43 EDT 2019

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - March

Call: K9JF
Operator(s): K9JF
Station: K9JF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WA

   80:   37   40 min
   40:   85   145 mi
   20:   35   55 min
---------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

When I saw the A Index jump to 10 just before the start, I knew things were not
going tbe good from the Pacific Northwest.  Starting on 20 meters, it was
sloooow and couldn't get anyone to call after a QSO.  The 205BA was not cranked
up so it was at 23 feet.   The 40 meter yagi was at 25' and the 80 meter
"V" dipole was also at 25' at the apex and just a few feet above the
ground at the ends.  I hope to get a better antenna arrangement during the
summer to enhance my station and scores.

Rebuilding the statiion at a new QTH is rough.  We were at the old QTH for 33
years.