[3830] WPX SSB KJ5T SO(A)SB20 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 31 20:41:57 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: SO(A)SB20 QRP
QTH:

My wife gave me an Elecraft AX1 antenna as a Christmas gift and sadly it hasn't
been on the air yet.  Since the plans to operate NX5M changed due to operator
availability and the strong potential for poor weather in the area I decided to
try the AX1.  It is a pretty decent little antenna for the size.  I also made
some of the contacts using my usual end-fed on the balcony.

Ran 5 watts the entire time, a compromise set-up isn't the best for phone
contests but thanks to the operators who did pull me out of the noise I managed
to make a few Q's.