[3830] WPX SSB KB0EO SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 31 21:15:56 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Minnesota

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This is the first contest at my new QTH. I was able to reduce the electrical
noise to bearable levels, but I still have to root out the source(s). I started
on 20 meters, but didn't have a lot of success with a dipole, so I took it down
and reconfigured as a vertical dipole - that did the trick. I threw a dipole up
for 40 meters and used it for a couple of Qs on 15 meters. The dipoles
definitely have less bang than my tower and yagis - hoping to get that put back
up by end of May, weather permitting.

I was happy to work two fellow Le Sueur County hams, NG0C and WB0KGN. I couldn't
hear any other MN stations.

I'm looking forward to getting back on the air more permanently - hopefully
soon.

73,

Dan - KB0EO
Kilkenny, MN