[3830] OnQP VE3CRU/R Mobile Solo Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 1 11:02:01 EDT 2019

                    Ontario QSO Party - 2019

Call: VE3CRU/R
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU/R

Class: Mobile Solo Op LP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

---------------------------
Total:   35     53     83  Total Score = 11,900

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

This contest saw a lot of rain on Saturday.  I had to operate all butn 144 from
outside the vehicle, put a real damper on my enthusiasm.  My mission was to see
how much activity on the vhf bands.  To my surprise and disappointment, the use
of 144 frequencies as liason is gone for many who could be counted on to be
monitoring the liason frequencies.  Big loss of points!  I never at any time
heard the bonus stations.

As a rover/mobile I maintained the integrity of roving by running as many
counties as feasible, 6 on Saturday east of Toronto and 7 to the west on Sunday.
 A few counties always run low for qso's.  Bob VE3WG/R did similar running 11
counties. never heard him.

I was equipped to run all bands from 7 to 144 mhz.  The 80 whip ill not load.  I
no longer stay up late on the road.

Thanks to CCO for sponsoring the OQP and to all on the OQP team for supporting
it.  Thanks also to all who participated and gave out counties, provinces,
states and DX too, much appreciated.

The qso count is accurate, the mults approx and the score close???

73,

Bill  VE3CRU