[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat May 4 15:13:56 EDT 2019

                    Microwave Spring Sprint - 2019

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s):
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover QRP
QTH: IL-EN61ax,EN62ad

Total:  QSOs = 4  Max Dist(km) = 192  Total Score = 3,333

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Thanks to K9PW for the loan of his 'backup' 10 GHz set-up. All 4 Qs were on 10
GHz.

Best DX was from EN62ad to EN50rl, a somewhat random QSO with W9SZ - Zack was
completing a run of the bands with W9SNR/R from Jim's second spot and I actually
HEARD both of them when they got to 10 GHz (Zack stronger, especially when I
tweaked the azimuth of the antenna - surprising myself at my luck, or was it
expertise? ;-), in aiming the antenna). I 'tail-ended' and completed with Zack
at 191.6 km. Then Jim turned around toward my direction and we completed easily
at 46.8 km. Two prior QSOs from EN61ax were 18.5 and 76.4 km.

Thanks to the other three stations that I managed to complete QSOs with and for
N9LB for trying to be a fourth station.

Thanks to all who were on for the 2019 Spring Microwave Sprint, the Central
States VHF Society for their continued sponsorship, to the Central States Spring
Sprint Committee for their management and to Bruce, WA7BNM, for his continuing
efforts to support so many events with these score reporting pages.

73, JK