[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt N6ZE/6 Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat May 4 15:37:14 EDT 2019

                    Microwave Spring Sprint - 2019

Call: N6ZE/6
Operator(s): N6ZE
Station: N6ZE

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: dm04qb

Total:  QSOs = 6  Max Dist(km) = 58  Total Score = 21,008

Club: ventura county amateur radio society

Comments:

Single Op FM QRP Entry

Cumulative Distances worked (km) = 210.08 Points, by N6ZE resulted from  6
Contacts in 2 Grids during 2.3 hours of operation on 23  Cm & 33 Cm during
the Microwave Sprint. Activity levels from SoCal were poor.
I operated from 8 AM until 10:00 AM from Grid Locator DM04qb at an elevation of
2640 ft. in the Santa Monica Mts. All QSOs were made on FM. Nothing North of
DM04 was heard. Best DX was WA6EJO (DM04jg) at 58.46 km on 23 cm.
In an attempt to encourage Sprint activity, I posted Pre-Sprint
e-mailings/announcements to some Ventura Co. (CA) radio clubs, ARRL-SB
reflector, WSWSS, & PNWVHFS, & W6YX.  Visually, I was in a cloud deck
covering the Santa Monica Bay and along the LA Co. Coast.  Light winds from the
South & temp. ~ 65 F. Rigs :ALINCO DJ-G29 & DJ-G7 with “VJB Cheapie
Yagis”.