[3830] InQP K9GX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 5 22:34:26 EDT 2019

                    Indiana QSO Party - 2019

Call: K9GX
Operator(s): K9GX
Station: K9GX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN

  160:
   80:          85
   40:         124
   20:         101
--------------------
Total:   0     310  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 84  Total Score = 26,040

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

This was my first chance to play in the INQP/7QP/NEQP/DEQP due to the date.

Prior to my retirement I always found myself onsite at a certain race track
broadcasting a certain pony race on the first Saturday in May.

Not this year!!!

Its not easy running low power from the mid-South on 20 meters in a domestic
contest at the bottom of the solar cycle.

Was unable to generate much "run" time on 20. 10 and 15 meters were
dead.

Things picked up when we went to 40 meters at dusk and we had a nice run the
last two hours on 75 meters.

Rate last hour was about 85. Apparently K9GX was the only station on from
Harrison county.

Had lots of fun with the 7QP, NEQP and DEQP folks with a bit of DX thrown in.

Managed to work a handful of INQP mults but the best part was QSO's with friends
K9PG, K4BAI, ND4Y and WB9PTN!

CU in the IARU!

73, K9GX