[3830] NewEngQP W1OO(@W1IMD) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 7 12:33:17 EDT 2019

                    New England QSO Party - 2019

Call: W1OO
Operator(s): K1ESE W1HIS
Station: W1IMD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OXFME
Operating Time (hrs): 17
Remote Operation

   80:    102       0
   40:    430       0
   20:    338       0
   15:      0       0
   10:      0       0
------------------------
Total:    870       0  Mults = 73  Total Score = 127,020

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

NEQP is always fun but this was a four-bagger.  We put a special state (Maine),
a special county (Oxford), and a special call (W1OO) on the air by means of a
special station (W1IMD), which we operated remotely from our homes.

Remote operation is vulnerable to software glitches, and they cost us a couple
of hours, but we prevailed.  The 10- and 20-m bands were worthless and 20 m was
poor because the SSNe was negative; and 80 m was poor because, on Saturday
night, the ionosphere was a turbulent mess.  However, 40 m and W1IMD's MonstER
SteppIR at 290-ft height saved the weekend.

We thank W1IMD for the use of his station; and we thank K1EU and K1JB of the
Down East DX Association for allowing us to use the late Lanny Bailey's call.