[3830] 7QP N7MZW Cnty Exped SO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri May 10 05:19:14 EDT 2019

                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2019

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: Cnty Exped SO LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY.

  160:   0       0      0
   80:   0      44      0
   40:   0     413      0
   20:   0     128      0
   15:   0       0      0
   10:   0       0      0
    6:   0       0      0
    2:   0       0      0
----------------------------
Total:   0     585      0  Mults = 48  Total Score = 56,160

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's 7QP QSO Party Contest Log 3.0
CONTEST: 7QP
CALL SIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY.
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: 17 HR
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado
CLAIMED-SCORE: 56160
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: WY
ADDRESS-POSTAL CODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1 at gmail.com
SOAPBOX: Icom IC-7300,Heil Pro Micro Headset on VOX,Vectronics HFT-1500 Manual
Tuner for 80 only,and a modified ZS6BKW Flattop wire antenna up 50 feet,running
N-S at an elevation of 6,053 feet in Laramie County,WY.I was down more than 200
Q's from last years SO/LP SSB Assisted,Plaque winning effort from the same QTH
with virtually identical operating time.I made 585 100 watt contacts in 17 hours
of Op time,with 48 mults worked,including 101 counties in "7-Land".71%
of my total log was on 40 meters,22% on 20 Meters,and only 8% of stations worked
were contacted on 80 Meters.I never "saw" or heard a soul on 10 or 15
Meters,and I have no antenna for 160 Meters at my Apartment QTH.I worked 91
stations in CA,76 stations in OR,52 stations in WA,47 stations in NV,31 stations
in AZ,29 stations in ID,26 stations in UT, and 9 stations each in MT and WY.Many
stations on 40 required fills and were often only S2-S4 signal strength. QSB
signal fading was rapid in nature and very evident,especially on 20 Meters.I
worked zero DX,only 6 Canadian VE stations,and one lone station in Alaska.I kept
my Butt in the Chair,and "Ran" 95% of the time,resulting in several
productive "runs",(which always makes it easier to stay in the
chair).I did not "see" or work A SINGLE STATION on the "SPOTTING
CLUSTER" list,that I hadn't already worked while "running".This
contest,more than even the November Sweepstakes has the highest percentage of
"drive-by" Ops,who are "clueless" regarding the proper
"5 letter" contest exchange!LOTS of Non 7-Land Ops also thought I
needed to know their county,their name,their city,or how many Hound Dogs that
they owned!I did help a few Ops who were in the "other" contests held
this same weekend.One Op duped me 3 different times from Humbolt County in
Nevada,saying each time that "I don't see red when I put your call sign
in".Believe me...I was seeing enough "red" in my shack for both
of us!I worked KI7PMQ in 2 counties,N9DK in 6 counties,W7PRA in 3,KI7JLF in
2,AE7EU in 2,K7SI in 2 on 20 and 40 meters,W7EEE in 2,and KG7DMI in 2 counties
and 3 different bands.The 7QP is always a fun but demanding event when folks
don't bother to read the rules,and when "Mr. SOL" is hoarding all of
the Sun Spots!Another "100 Watts and a Wire",Low Power Weekend
Adventure is in the books from my Cheyenne,Wyoming station.Thanks to all who
worked me,and a SPECIAL THANK YOU to those that burned up lots of gas,traveling
to and setting on multiple county lines,while getting sun burns and mosquito
bites.---November Seven Many Zebras Walking
END-OF-LOG:

NOTE: I WAS A Single-op Assisted,low-power Phone only entry. The Class box, does
NOT offer my CORRECT ENTRY CLASS!, so I "forced" this entry by
selecting Cnty Exped SO.