[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu May 16 00:21:52 EDT 2019

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z May 16

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois

Total:  121  Mults = 113  Total Score = 13,673

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Started on 40.  The 2el SteppIR was working.  Also used the inverted vee at 35
ft. Signals were pretty loud.  I might have to try a stack match with these two
antennas.  Both were good.  There were ups and downs - a number of 4 QSO/minute,
the dry spells.  At 0332Z - 76 QSOs  Things slowed down 9100 x 100 = 10,000 at
0349z) and went to 80 at 0350Z.  This was too late because there were lots of
short skip loud guys on who I did not work on 40.  The inverted vee was good,
but the vertical is better, but the chicken wire is rolled up for the summer. I
still had a lot of problems with the Maestro locking up.  "Esc" or F1,
then "Esc" sometimes took care of it, but I lost QSOs.  I had to
restart N1MM during the last 5 minutes. QRN was not too bad, but things moved
along quickly and I did not use the SAL30.

Improvements would be to move towards SO2R so I can time band changes better
or work two bands at once.  Ths might take care of the lulls anyway.

I talked to the guy who farms my 6A field when he came by to spray and pointed
out the location for the 80M 4 square and 160 vertical.  This will be a huge
project because it must be remotely controlled from about 500 feet away.

I am still undecided about the rotating tower, stacks, and fixed SE antennas.
The good news is that I have stabilized (perhaps) and don't have a doctor
appointment and CT scan until June.  That sure beats a couple times a week,
biweelky, and monthly visits. So I should work on the detailed planning and
start to get together the zoning documents.