[3830] WPX CW VE9AA SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 26 20:27:41 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 21:35

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Had to take some huge off times for a variety of reasons, so was not a
contender, so just decided to play DX-er much of the time.

Never checked 160m (why would I anyways, hi!?)

80m was "meh" Friday night....never checked it Sat night.(was not
QRV)

40m was good at the start.  Missed VU2GIG (or something like that) who called me
right near the start, but could not piece together a proper callsign due to EU
QRM.  That's the way it goes.  I appreciate the call.  One of the highlights of
the 'test, as I played DXer.

20m was good on Sat.  Never used it much Sunday.

15m was on life support Sat but came alive on Sunday.  I was off and on all day
Sunday, so sure I missed some good DX.  Heard 9A1A well into his darkness
Sunday. P33W as well.  Worked tons and tons of USA on 15m Sunday.  Some of which
were ESP - right-at-the-noise-level.  Only 1 or 2 I couldn't pull out.  My 15m
array is in a heap, so used a newly re-installed 15m delta loop with the bottom
at 10'AGL and it seemed to work pretty well, especially when 15 was open to USA
and EU at the same time.  The most fun I've had on 15m in quite some time !!!

10m was dead on Sat, but squeaked in 65 Q's on Sunday.  Even some EU !  I am
pretty sure it was open around 3-4hrs Sunday afternoon into W3/4/5, but who
checks 10m when it's dead?  That's where Dual CQing came in handy.  I know
strategically it would've made more sense to do 15m/20m, but it was more *FUN*
to do 15m/10m for hours and hours.  Almost seemed like 6m with huge QSB swings.
EU and W6 worked within minutes of each other.  A blast !

Knowing I'd be busy off and on this w/e I set a goal of 3M pts and 1500Q's and
in 21.5 hrs barely just managed that.  Whew.

Antennas are for all intense and purposes 'wires in the woods'---no towers
here.

2 x IC7410, YCCC-SO2R+ box, N1MM+, N3ZN paddles. 2 small amps.

CU *(all of a sudden) in the next one.

Mike VE9AA . . . .    .. NB