[3830] WPX CW NR6O(@N6RO) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 26 21:58:35 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: NR6O
Operator(s): K3EST K6DAJ N6GD N6RO W6WM NA6O WA6O
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA

   40: 1151
   20: 1662

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another fun team gathering at Radio Oakley.
We hope that this is the solar minimum, can it get any worse?
Despite overall condx, there were some highlights:
48 hours of 20m, many of them to EU, but only the loud stations, Short opening
to southern EU on 15m both days. QSO totals were up on 160, 80, 40m; down on the
three high bands. 200 Qs and 200 mults down from last year, and half the 2014
score. Essentially this was a nighttime contest.

N6GD and N6RO did the 160m shifts, Greg in the evening, Ken after midnight.

NA6O carried the load on 80m with some relief from N6GD and N6RO (SO2R on 80/160
during the wee hours). A few EU, AF, and 83 JAs.

WA6O captain'd the 40m station with relief from K6DAJ and others. Mike exceeded
last year's score by 150 Qs!

Iron man K3EST piloted 20m for more than 30 hours, K6DAJ assisting Bob.

N6WM did most of 15m, getting the most out a marginal band. 15m was open to
Asia-Pacific until about midnite (07z0

N6GD extracted a good number from a nearly dead 10m. We were disappointed with
lack of propagation and activity from South America and south Pacific.
But good to KH6 for a few hours.

A few problems with a couple of radios, but otherwise the station functioned
well.  We all practiced SO2V with both the Flex and K3 radios.

Thanks for all the Qs, esp. the 1060 JAs.  We hope they all get on in the All
Asia CW contest next month.

CU then, 73, N6RO