[3830] WPX CW N5JJ SOSB20 TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 27 20:58:04 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N5JJ
Operator(s): N5JJ
Station: N5JJ

Class: SOSB20 LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 24:27

Wanted to beat last years score,  which I did,  and put in a little more time.
Condx were up and down.  Friday night was pretty good as I operated until past
1:00AM.  However,  got up early Saturday and condx. were poor.  Saturday evening
was a little better to Europe and the Pacific.  Came in several hours later on
Sunday and again condx were poor.  Lots of calling with no answers,  however,
many dupes began showing up on Sunday afternoon.  About 2 hours before the end
of the contest,  Europe began to boom in so I searched and pounced with many
mults and new contacts.  Wanted to make 500,000 points and came up just short.
Not much from South America.  Don't know because of condx. or if they don't work
this contest.  Did log a few but not many like the SSB contest.  Worked about 6
Ja's this time around.  W,  VE, and Eu were the main contacts.  Had a lot of
fun.  My skills are so much better now.  Have worked about 15 contests in my
radio career.  Was able to work some of the locals this time around.  Station
worked fantastic.  Hope the log checkers won't be too hard on me as the numbers
are hard to exchange on both ends in these kind of conditions.  All in all I had
a great time and look forward to the next one.  Guess I'm turning into a contest
veteran as some of the stations are recognizing my call and I am also familiar
to some of their calls.  Thanks to all and cuagn soon.  Rick