[3830] WPX CW K9UIY SOSB80 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 27 22:48:32 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K9UIY
Operator(s): K9UIY
Station: K9UIY

Class: SOSB80 LP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Apologies to for my being a "CQ IN YOUR FACE" type alligator.  Very
high levels of seasonal 80 M band noise, plus severe thunderstorms several
hundred kms from my QTH in northwestern Illinois.  I had to shut down and go QRT
four seperate times because of severe lightning and wind storms the first night
of the contest.  After the storms passed, I was still plagued by lingering
static discharge that were 20 dB - 25 dB over S9.  The second night the threat
of storms still persisted, but none locally.  Not enough 6 point Q's in the log.
 During a lull on 80, I took a short (15 minute) journey to 40 and passed out 14
Q's in the Sunday morning hours.  Thanks for all the Q's ... thankfully my ears
recovered better than my body did with lack of sleep <hi>.  CW WPX still
is one of my favorites.  C U next year ... with no storms, hopefully.  73, Vic