[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 29 16:33:32 EDT 2019

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z May 29

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois

Total:  139  Mults = 119  Total Score = 16,541

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

A=10 SFI=67 34 WPM  Started on 20 because there were only a couple signals on 40
at the start. bidirectional.  West coast was there, but nobody was strong. New
England was stronger than west.  The band was quiet. Nobody was really S9. Not
much out of the midwest. Still have RX dropout problems that surfaced when I
went to the new version of Flex software.  Lots of guys were only 10 db above
the noise level.  There were a number of good guys who tail ended perfectly and
also some times when I could copy two of the callers at once.  At 1920Z - 58
QSOs.  Nice, calm rate.  A couple European stations made it through. By 1922Z I
was pretty much out of stations to work.  QSY to 40 at 1932Z.  It was pretty
dead too, but kept going. No real periods of fast rate, but good anyway.  Ha!
SteppIR worked on 40, but I didn't even try it until after the contest.

Unpacked the Flex amp which has been sitting for weeks waiting for them to send
the tuner "in a few weeks (months?, years?)" in prep for SO2R.  Beware
of excessive PayPal fees when purchasing VA6AM band pass filters .