[3830] CQWW SSB CR6T(CT1ESV) SOSB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Nov 1 19:35:05 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: CR6T
Operator(s): CT1ESV
Station: CR6T

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: Coimbra
Operating Time (hrs):

   15: 3497    34      135

After 4 years operating major contests on 15mt, it was time for a change.
I had never operated 40 mt SB, so this was a big challenge for me. biggest
difference was the operating time, propagation was wide open all weekend, and it
didn't matter where the sun was. Outside Europe contacts were made way before
sunset and way after sunrise.
It was a surprise for me, QSO numbers kept rising and multipliers were showing
up on my frequency :-) VP6R,JT5DX,V85RH,5T5PA,9M6NA,
KL7RA,9M4DX,VR2XAN,9V1YC,T6A,DU3CX,JW5E,6W1RY,KH7XS,OX7A....just to name some.
1st day ended up with 2100+ contacts in the log..witch was very close to my
target for the weekend (it was first time i was not shure what to expect).
Band was crowded, very crowded, at one point in the end of contest I noticed
EI6M was coming closer on my calling frequency, and told him that... he replied
"we are all being squezed"...I had no arguments to reply to him ....it
was so true. Funny that after that i went below 7100 to call CQ ...and found
V55A calling  for a double multiplier, and when calling CQ 5T5PA came to my
call.But  although frequency was clear rate was to low.
At the end very pleased with results, score was over European record(Manny(W2MF)
you were right ...sorrrrryyyy), but by a marginal margin, that i'm shure will
not be enough as i was on Zombie mode most of the contest and after log cheking
it will drop below EU record.
I was not ready for full 48h.

Thanks for all who called in, see you next contest.
Tony CT1ESV CR6T