[3830] SS CW K0VXU Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 3 22:09:46 EST 2019

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 17:50

K3, TL-922A, JK MidTri-40, 80M slopping VEE, 160 Inverted L, N1MM+

I knew going in that I would not be able to spend much time in SS.  So, at my
first sitting I ran and collected QSO's.  Subsequent sittings focused on mults.
By 0600z I had 81 mults, missing only VE4 and VE6.  It took until Sunday
afternoon to run down a VE6 and VE4.  The VE4 was the last mult I worked and it
was really tough as he had quite a pileup on 20 meters.

After collecting all the mults, I then refocused on QSOs.  Most of the QSOs were
collected running, but I did twirl the big knob some and found stations to
work.

Sweepstakes is always a challenge.  This was the 60th anniversary of my first
foray into Sweepstakes (as a Novice, rock bound).  That effort was a multi-op
affair (KN0VBU. KN0UTX, KN0VXU) scoring only 70 QSOs over two weekends.  Yes,
there were two CW and Two phone weekends in those days.  Of course the rigs were
simple and antennas were not hung very high but we did give it lots of effort
that only teenagers can do.  As I recall we were a tired bunch after it was
over.

This time I put in some hours but still had to rest my eyes in the middle of the
night.  Not a teenager anymore!

Just glad to get a sweep.

Got to go rest up (Yawn).  See you next year.

73,
Russ - K0VXU