[3830] SS CW K9DR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 3 22:26:50 EST 2019

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K9DR
Operator(s): K9DR
Station: K9DR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WY

First Sweep in many years and I hope I helped a few Outlaws with the Wyoming
Section.  My last needed section was SD and it came in with an hour to spare.
Thank goodness for improved propagation.  Of course, it could be better, but
vast improvement over SSB DX Contest. I opted for low power this year, because
of antenna issues and fear of breaking something. I figure that cost me at least
a hundred QSOs. Lots of repeat requests and unanswered CQs that might have been
avoided. Only once during the contest did I see someone spot me with
"WY" in the comments.  That one spot kept me very busy for about 30
minutes.  The other few spots I got just mentioned K9DR, which doesn't, by
itself, generate much excitement.  However, this contest was good keyboard
practice for the upcoming CWDX contest.