[3830] SS CW N5ZO SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 3 22:29:25 EST 2019

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N5ZO
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SDG, CA

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another great live scoreboard battle this time with Dave K6LL in AZ.  We ended
up with virtually same score, I squuezed by in last 10 mins when he took end of
it off and I was able make 3 more Qs after that.  That last hour was really
slow, next time I will be taking it off.  Seems like I had bit better 40 and
Dave had better 20 and I also got some 15 m in early morning, which was
surprise.  Signals were good but not many people were on band.
Seems that I may have bad relay or some problem with 20 m antennas, as something
was every now and then arcing.  Also, because of some reason the other amp which
was usually on 40 m kept tripping off, I think due other radio transmitting and
too much reverse power measured by internal SWR meter even when amp itself was
not transmitting.  Something to investigate in near future.
Tnx for Qs de Marko N5ZO