[3830] SS CW WD6T Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 3 22:43:33 EST 2019

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: WD6T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Berkeley, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:14

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

Spent second day as part of N6RO M, so this was just playing a bit at the start
of the contest and during breaks on Sunday.  Still, rather frustrating that my
home station can't do better in this contest.  Took 3 hours to break 100.  Same
last year.  Even the "fresh meat" attempt on Sunday afternoon didn't
yield much... skimmers didn't even see me.  Probably did it too late, as I was
focused on RO and taking breaks when rate went down there.  My new call prompted
many "CALL?" fills. Should be in SCP now, so hopefully this will
diminish over time.

Many people responded to "PR?" or "Prec?" with the Check.
Also, the long exchange caused some frequency arguments, as a slow respondent
caused someone to think the frequency was empty, then when I came back... well
you get the picture.