[3830] SS CW K4XL Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 4 00:05:33 EST 2019

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K4XL
Operator(s): K4XL
Station: K4XL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Virginia

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A recent storm played havoc with my beverages. I finally finished removing tree
limbs and repairing broken wires 3 hours before the contest started.
While I didn't make use of them on 160 where calling CQ produced no interest,
they proved to be very helpful on 80.
I'm a recent convert to the fun of CW Sweepstakes and I'm enjoying it more each
time I enter.  In my first in 2017 I made 263 Qs and 79 Secs.  The next year I
added almost 200 Qs and managed to find 82 Secs.  This year I made my goal of
600 Qs and finally got a Clean Sweep.  It was fun to work many of my local PVRC
Chapter members, several of whom are much happier on phone or RTTY. I hope they
catch the CW SS fever like I have.  Unfortunately this enthusiasm has come late
in my life where I simply can't keep my BIC like I used to.  I doubt that I'm
alone in this feeling, considering how many CKs were in the 40s and 50s! It's
great that we can have so much fun at the bottom of the sunspot cycle.

Rig:  IC-7610 and Alpha 78
Ants:  SteppIR DB-18E for 10-40 and a dipole for 80