[3830] SS CW K7RL Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 4 00:50:33 EST 2019

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WA

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

My effort last year was Bravo and I missed two mults with a total of 1,190 Qs
for 190K points. This year was Unlimited (has a nice ring) with 1,194 Qs. Just
needed assistance to find WTX for the last mult.

My goal was 1,200 Qs, but it was really difficult to find anyone new to work in
the last hour or two, otherwise I think I would have easily passed it.

There were probably five or six ops that answered my CQ with a number and signal
report. Efforts to get a proper exchange were met with a repeat of the lacking
exchange. Rather than getting sucked into that black hole, I sent TU and moved
on. Would have been nice to have them in the log - maybe next time.

Unlike my CQ WW SSB weekend, the operator was not impaired, solar conditions
were calm, and all hardware played well.

For more detailed comments, you can check my website in a few days. Meanwhile,
thanks to all for the Qs.

73, Mitch, K7RL