[3830] SS CW W1NN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 4 07:09:45 EST 2019

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Good conditions but participation seemed down.

I got off to a really bad start. Computer froze twice in the second hour,
requiring restarts. This killed the rate, which was not so great to begin with.
After that, I was playing catch up with last year's results the rest of the
contest.  I never did catch up and my final contact total is 53 less than 2018.
But looking at the early scores on 3830, it looks like I was not alone.

This year the sweep was easy. In recent years, I can remember missing NNY and
sweating NL, KY, EWA and WV, but they were all plentiful this year.  PAC and AK
were well represented. VE6 was the last mult to go in the log.  TNX VE6BBP for
being there.  Also thanks to VE4VT, the only MB I heard.

The last 4-5 hours were about as painful as I have ever experienced.

Now back to raking leaves.

73, Hal W1NN