[3830] SS CW K6LA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 4 12:01:44 EST 2019

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LAX

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Saturday morning as I was checking everything out, all of a sudden S9 noise and
a strange loud popping come on all bands. I couldn't figure out what was causing
it. After a while I went back in the house (my shack is in the garage.) On the
way I heard one clap of thunder. I looked up and realized it looked like rain,
although nothing was in the forecast. I thought about disconnecting the
antennas, but I hadn't seen lightning so I figured the storm wasn't close. By
the time I went back to the shack, it had rained and the noise went away, never
to return.

This year tracked last year closely. I had a first great 3 hours, followed by
the rate going away and never coming back once 20 closed.

The sweep was easy, made about 10 hours in. Every section called me. I worked at
least 2 in every section.

Let's get the big clubs to have a head to head competition in SS again. That
did away with the Sunday doldrums a few years ago. That or get some robots on
the air.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT