[3830] SS CW N8II Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 6 16:31:09 EST 2019

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I ended up with a good score for operating just over 1/4 of the contest starting
Sunday morning. Life has been busy; I was feeling just too fatigued to operate
Saturday.
Conditions were better than expected including some sporadic E to the W and NW
Sunday afternoon. You don't work IN and MI on 20 and TN on 15 with the very low
solar flux numbers without some unexpected ionospheric help. I took a 30 minute
break Sunday to visit with XYL's family who were here and upon 21Z return it
was
the end of "good times" and short skip. MN was getting weak at that
point. Around 1930Z, I had a real run with decent rate on 15 with plenty of loud
signals
including KH6TU who was far louder than HI was in the CQWW SSB. When I started
on 40, I ran about 140 stations in a row with maybe 2 CQ's needed.

One guy sent exchange out of turn; he was a nil, never could get him to repeat
it. Overall, the quality of operating was high, none of the can't talk and type
at
the same time often encountered on SSB. Please practice logging before SS phone
if you are not proficient. I missed MAR (heard while listening briefly
Saturday), PR and MB (heard calling other stations), and ND. The only time I
S&P'ed was when runs went dry, the right way to max out score without SO2R.
My nemesis NE called
x 3 stations! I barely was able to catch WV.

Thanks much for the calls and Q's. Hats off to Randy/Ken K0EU who always seems
to find me soon after I fire up. N0NI was really doing well QRP as well.

73, Jeff N8II