[3830] SS CW KG3V Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Nov 9 10:21:12 EST 2019

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: KG3V
Operator(s): KG3V
Station: KG3V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: White Stone VA
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Not my best performance this year, but still enjoyed Sweepstakes, as always. I
knew I would have to quit early. I was deciding between "A" or
"U" class, and decided to go with "A". Lucky that was my
call, as when I arrived at the operating QTH, the Internet was down - all
weekend.

I did have a new 80m dipole that I was able to use and it worked about as
expected. This is a broadband design (ala AI1H), so I can also use it in CW and
Phone, without an external tuner.

The mults came quickly, maybe because I was RUNNING most of the time. But at the
end, I had 81 mults and did decide to waste some time mult-hunting. No avail, I
missed WY adn WV - all the traditional "hard ones" came easily, with
many of them calling me and saving me the headache of pileups. I heard WV but
never heard WY. So I kept the tradition alive of getting over 80 BUT less that
83 mults.

Had great fun and enjoyed working many familiar Contesting friends. Thanks for
all the contacts.