[3830] WAE RTTY N3QE Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 10 20:46:52 EST 2019

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD

   80:  176   176     0   152
   40:  319   509   190   171
   20:  498  1825  1327   160
   15:   45    75    30    56
   10:    1     1     0     2
-------------------------------
Total: 1039  2586  1547   541  Total Score = 1,399,026

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My best WAE DX RTTY result ever! With only the barest of an opening to EU on
15M.

I thought for sure my weekend fun had come to an end early when my amp stopped
putting out any power or even drawing plate current during Saturday morning.
Fumed, paced, then popped the cover of the amp (50+ screws!) just to find the
plate lead wire had opened in the heat of high duty cycle QTC repeats. Got the
soldering iron out, and 25 minutes was back on the air!

The bread and butter of this effort BY FAR was the huge number of QTC's with
Europe on 20M. I asked every EU with a half decent signal to trade QTC's even
from the very start, and it paid off! Thank you all in EU for the QTC fun!

QTC to QSO ratio summed over all bands: 1.5
QTC to QSO ratio just for 20M: 2.6