[3830] WAE RTTY NN4RB Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 12 08:46:50 EST 2019

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5:13

   80:   22   22          32
   40:   47   47          60
   20:   35   55   20     38
Total:  104  124   20    130  Total Score = 16,120

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Like many of the comments, I again had problems with receive QTCs.  I need to
explore a method of keeping the DI windows from scowling as I enter the QTCs.
Clicking on the wrong one or line caused some problems.  I wastes time trying to
fix my first 10 QTCs and that caused me to loose motivation.

Operated some on Saturday, but most time in chair was on Sunday.  I did setup
MMTTY and 2-Tone with attached DI windows.  Having two decoders proved to be
better.

I looked back at my 2016 WAERTTY comments, and the same applies.  "Seems to
me that the band was bad or there were few Europeans for a WAE contest.
Even the spots did not show many.  North America was well represented, however
one cannot exchange QTCs with own continent."

Turned on the amp for a few contacts so contest was entered as high power.  I
actually need the power to contact some of the locals (W1IE & K4XL)- W4PK
was working with LP as usual.

Rick
NN4RB
ICOM IC-756PROIII
Micro Ham micro Keyer II
Mosely CL-36 at 61'
OCF at about 44' with Kat-500 at the base
N1MM+ & MMTTY/2Tone