[3830] CWopsT W2NRA LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 13 09:50:33 EST 2019

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Nov 13

Call: W2NRA
Operator(s): W2NRA
Station: W2NRA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00

Total:  60  Mults = 58  Total Score = 3,480

>From the start I decided to Run the whole CWT so I could work as many CWAs as
possible.  I only managed 4 but I think only 1 was a new CWA grad.

At the half hour I switched to 20 meters and I was surprised how many Europe
stations called me. 15 of my 28 QSOs in that half-hour were EU and all were
worked off the back of my beam.  Maybe next time I'll turn it around.

In the middle of this CWT my paddle key shorted probably because I had the gap
too small. I pulled the plug and while working QSOs I was fixing my key.

The big thrill in this CWT was I worked the whole contest in Run mode.  I've
never done that before. My nerves are shot but it was fun.  I will say S&P
is much more intense and Runs seem slow, laid back. (maybe I wouldn't think that
if I had a desent station).

Thanks for the Qs. 73 art w2nra 1955