[3830] CQWW CW KB0EO SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 24 17:58:42 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 17:30

  160:   16     9       11
   80:   55    19       34
   40:   48    29       36
   20:  188    34      105
   15:   72    19       51
   10:   11    10       10
------------------------------
Total:  390   120      247  Total Score = 368,835

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

My primary objective this weekend was to score zone 23 on 80 meters to close out
my last zone for 5BWAZ (sitting at 199 for several years). JT5DX was the target
- they were spotted on 80 m at both my gray zones, but I never heard them once.
I worked them the first evening on 40 meters long path - they had a huge signal,
so I figured I might have a shot...no joy.

I really wasn't after a big score - I tried to hit 100 countries and 30 zones on
one band - as 20 meters seemed a little more lively, that's the band I focused
on. I worked a bunch of tough zones on 40 meter long path, which is always fun.
I tried spending some time on each band - 160 m and 10 m were disappointing, but
managed a couple of QSOs on each.

80 meters was pretty strong - considering I am only running an inverted vee at
60 feet, I got some decent stuff including 3B8, 5R, and 5H.

My setup at the new QTH appears to be working A OK - I cracked through a lot of
scrum pileups, including against east and west coast.

It will be nice to take the next weekend off before the 160 m and 10 m
contests.

See you in the pileups!

73,

Dan - KB0EO