[3830] CQWW CW SJ2W M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 24 19:01:44 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): SA0IPA SA0LAT SA2CLC SM0CXU SM2LIY SM2VSD SM2WMV
Station: SJ2W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Da Traesk

  160:  493    19       84
   80:  734    30      111
   40: 1772    38      146
   20: 2075    39      148
   15:  113    27       96
   10:    5     3        5

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

It has been very little contest activity during the last years from SJ2W. I have
been busy building a new workshop and a new shack which has taken all my energy.
This was the first time we operated from the new shack and I must say it went
pretty well, most of the things worked fine with some ides of improvement.
Propagation's were pretty rough, especially on Saturday we had a huge problem
with multipliers since lowbands and 15m barely opened up. The low SFI also made
40m close during the night so only 160 and 80m were somewhat usable. Sunday was
a lot better and made us catch up a bit on mults. So considering the K-index
during the weekend and 5000+ QSOs we need to be pleased with the result.

We had a few new guys also operating from here for the first time and they did
very well. Hopefully we can have them back for more contests! It is nice to be
enough operators to actually get to rest during a contest :)

Antennas
160m: 1/4 vert
 80m: 4-SQ
 40m: 3/3el + 2/2el + 4-SQ
 20m: 6/6/6el + 5/5el + 4el @EU
 15m: 6/6/6/ 6/6el + 6/6el
 10m: 6/6el + 6el @46m
  RX: 10 beverages between 180-500m long

Inband:
32m rotatable tower ~500m away (battery powered)
16el tribander (4/4/8) @27m
2el 40m @32m
Inv Vee 80m @26m
SM2LIY special for 160m
Hi-Z RX array

Run: K3S + ACOM 2000A
Inband: K3 shared amp with run
Mult 1: TS590SG + ACOM 2000A
Mult 2: TS590SG + ACOM 2000A

Thanks for the QSOs.

73 de Mike, SM2WMV on behalf of the SJ2W team
http://www.sj2w.se/contest/