[3830] CQWW CW W2IRT M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 24 19:26:37 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT N2WKS
Station: W2IRT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NJ

  160:  103    16       66
   80:  350    27      103
   40:  531    34      129
   20:  855    33      136
   15:  146    22       84
   10:   22    10       18

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

What a difference a month—and a year—makes!

SSB this year was pure misery; this was pure pleasure the whole time. Great
condx, especially Friday night on the low bands, a nice opening on 10 on
Saturday and reasonable 15m conditions to Europe on Saturday.

This was a record high score for any contest ever from my QTH, in no small part
with a **HUGE** Thank You to Zev, N2WKS, who did an incredible job running. I
can't run in CW, so my effort of just over 1000 Qs was purely S&P.

Last year my K3s decided it would give up the ghost before WW SSB and I didn't
get it back before CW, so I was using a borrowed Flex+Maestro combination from a
friend and fellow club member. This year (almost) everything worked perfectly
from start to finish. K3s and KPA-1500 were happy campers the whole time, the PC
behaved nicely, and only a dirty power switch on my K9AY control box spoiled a
100% reliable effort, and that got fixed in 5 minutes with no ill effects.

Next stop: the 160 contests and ARRL-CW. GO FRC!