[3830] CQWW CW N4VI SOSB20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 24 19:42:09 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N4VI
Operator(s): N4VI
Station: N4VI

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH: CO

   20:  210    21       68

Antenna:  Cushcraft D-3 dipole rotated by string from pointing at EU to a few
degrees to the west of North for Asia and SA. Height 40' if you use your
imagination. Take off to EU - very good.  To Asia - OK

Biggest disappointment: Missing Zones 1 and 2.  Called KL7RA Saturday night but
no love. Never heard Z1.

Prior to contest start, I heard JA's with my antenna down at 10' but none that
evening after it started. I could hear SA working JA. Saturday was OK, Sunday
was better.

Heard BY multiple times, 15 minutes before the end of the test spent 5 minutes
calling BI4KCC and once got a 'n?' in response. I thought I had a chance. Also
heard Guam but couldn't make it happen. There are drawback using 100w to a
dipole! (Duh)

Kudo's to the JA operators that can hear my signal...  and everyone else for
that matter. Thanks.

"Rotating" the dipole certainly helped with both JA and South America.
In prior contests, SA was a struggle, not this time.

All S&P, except called CQ Sunday afternoon and got 3 US stations. That said,
at that time I needed the US mult, so it served a purpose.

Thanks everyone.

73's de Chris/n4vi