[3830] CQWW CW N4WW M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 24 19:47:42 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N4WW
Operator(s): N4WW K0LUZ K1MM W4WF NX4N
Station: N4WW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Apopka, FL

  160:  110    20       88
   80:  651    32      118
   40: 1423    39      160
   20: 1568    37      157
   15:  379    27      104
   10:   40    14       26

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

We were sad that N4KM couldn't join us with his XYL sick at home; it was great
to have NX4N join us for his every-seven year CQWW effort. Chris isn't able to
operate CQWW CW except in years when it doesn't fall on the holiday weekend.

The last time Chris joined us in 2013 we had 1300 QSOs on 10m. We stuck him on
40m overnight both nights this year. I'm guessing he's already looking forward
to 2025 and the return of the high bands.

With Kevin out, we decided to scale back the planned M/2 to a M/S. We're glad we
did...I'm always nervous about giving everyone enough operating time but I
didn't hear any complaints from the regulars. I managed to damage one of N4WW's
Alpha 77 amplifiers setting up the antenna switching on Wednesday night, but
other than that there were no equipment casualties that I'm aware of.

Nice to work Zone 26 on 80m for the first time in a CQWW...thanks HS0ZAR! This
was the shakedown cruise for N4WW's new 2-element 80m beam at 110'. It performed
better than the existing 4-square.

On behalf of the usual group of operators (K0LUZ, K1MM, W4WF, and N4KM) at N4WW,
we wish to thank N4WW for his significant investment in new and improved antenna
hardware this season, including the new 80m beam and rotator and the planned
replacement of the tired Tailtwister turning the 4-element M2 40m yagi with
another Orion 2800/Green Heron combo.

Thanks for the QSOs -

Chris W4WF on behalf of the rest of the N4WW crew