[3830] CQWW CW NE8P SOSB80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 24 19:50:05 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: NE8P
Operator(s): NE8P
Station: NE8P

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Port Orange, FL
Operating Time (hrs): 13:41

   80:  363    25       93

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Goals:  Initially none --> 300 QSOs after attaining 200+ Friday night -->
100k points --> 100 countries.  Didn't manage to get the 100 countries, but
had fun trying.

Unfortunately, new man-made QRN showed up here recently which made copying all
but the strongest signals difficult and running near impossible.  A sticky T/R
relay on the AL-82 didn't help either.

Band seemed to take quite a while after sunset to really get going.  I've not
spent much time on 80 in the past.  Maybe that's normal...?

Looking forward to the next 'test that I can do a SOSB80 entry in since I have
only an 80m antenna.

Mike

TS-590SG
AL-82
48 foot ground mounted vertical (with a bunch of Spanish moss hanging on the top
of it)