[3830] CQWW CW K4HQK SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 24 22:11:47 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA

   80:   16     7       13
   40:   82    13       49
   20:   68    12       45
   15:   51    15       38

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Signals on 80 meters from across the pond seemed weaker than usual; they were
certainly difficult for me to work. The 40 and 20 meter bands were lively but
the big surprise was that 15 meters was open and active from sunrise to sunset
both days.

At my station propagation was good for Europe, Africa, the Mediterranean, the
Caribbean, and South America, but weak to the Pacific. I worked two in Hawaii,
heard E3X in Thailand, one JA, no KL7, no Pacific Islands, nil from China and
India. Even Russia was weak; I only heard one or two, plus a few Eurasian
countries.

All operation was "S&P casual."

John K4HQK
Alexandria, Virginia