[3830] CQWW CW G4FKA SO(A)SB40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 25 05:28:47 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: G4FKA
Operator(s): G4FKA
Station: G4FKA

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH: County (optional)
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:  906    25      100

Club: Bristol Contest Group

Comments:

I had put up a low inverted V for 7 MHz a few days before. The original plan for
the contest was just to do a few hours search and pounce, particularly around
sunrise and sunset and not to bother with an entry. However with activity around
the clock I decided to do a bit more and I'm glad I did! 400w of close proximity
7 MHz RF is too much for the shack computer which crashes; 250w was OK. Nice to
be back on 7 MHz after a few years concentrating on 10 MHz and up. Many gotaways
as usual due to the pile-ups but good fun all the same. 90% search and pounce
supplemented with a few short runs.

IC-7610, SPE Expert 1K-FA, 250w, inverted V at 5m.

Thanks to all for the contacts and looking forward to the next one.