[3830] CQWW CW KR2Q SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 25 05:32:17 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: NNJ (FN20ru)

  160:   16     4        4
   80:   39    10       22
   40:  168    21       71
   20:  405    24       98
   15:   96    18       53
   10:   23     9       12

It's tough to justify staying awake to work only 2 or 3 per hour, so I took lots
of sleep.

About 50 less Q's than last year, but about 40 more mults...so a bigger score
(happy surprise!).

Only worked 1 JA (on 20m), a rare occurrence for this QTH.  I usually work
lots.

I love CQWW CW.  It allows one to take advantage of "good timing" and
dump in your callsign at fast speed and/or a little "off" frequency
when others have stopped calling (but no reply yet) and be copied "in the
clear."  Lots of folks are enamored with using power to PUSH their way
through (and many are successful at that).  They can't understand how QRPers do
it.  It's called finesse! Remember, nobody looks at their S meter to figure out
who they will reply to.

Unusual this year (for me), only one guy asked if I was QRP.  There are usually
many more.

RIG: Elecraft K3/10

Tower 1: Optibeam OB16-3 at 55 feet (my "south" antenna, meaning
"southern hemisphere").  It does rotate (Yaesu 2800)

Tower 2: SteppIR DB36 at 73 feet (M2 Orion 2800)

(Guess there is something special about the number "2800" LOL)

Wires on 80 and 160

N1MM+ (duh)

And my favorite (rare) cw paddle: HAL FYO

I hope everyone enjoyed the contest.  CQWW:  THE contest!!

de Doug KR2Q
CWOPS Life Member 438