[3830] CQWW CW W5ZN SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 25 07:43:29 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W5ZN
Operator(s): W5ZN
Station: W5ZN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Arkansas

  160:   85    14       43
   80:  227    23       75
   40:  354    32       85
   20:  325    24       90
   15:   90    18       49
   10:   47    13       24

Had a great weekend and very much enjoyed being in the op chair. I ran just over
30 hours as this was the second of two phases to test and "shake down"
a new antenna arrangement at W5ZN. My good friend Dave, NN1N, was here during CW
Sweepstakes to run the test for a domestic contest during phase 1. I'm very
pleased with the new arrangement as we have only identified a couple of minor
adjustments to make.

I originally intended to run in the SO Classic category however I felt I may
need a little more than 24 hours to run a full test so went with SOAB without
assistance. I also wanted to run some SO2R tests and do so without having
internet and Skimmer running, just a true test of the antenna system.

Thanks to everyone for the Q's and mults. The 10 meter opening to SA and KH6
Saturday afternoon was nice. Also thanks to NN1N for coming down to run the
first phase. Thanks to the W5ZN Tower Team N5QS, N5QT, KB5RFF, KB5REF, WA5YSD,
AC5AV & N5LKE.

73 Joel W5ZN