[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 27 09:11:05 EST 2019

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Nov 27

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois

Total:  143  Mults = 127  Total Score = 18,161

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Wind warning today started at 3:30 am.  Woke me up.  I don't have noise
cancelling headphones.  The wind howled so loudly that I could not hear the
weaker guys and had to ask for repeats, or didn't catch the call.  I have never
had this problem before!

Started on 80.  Lots of CQing at the beginning without success even though the
band was quiet. Called K9MA twice and he went back to a weak stations.  18 min
52 QSO; 22 min 62 QSOs; 28 mins 73 QSOs.  But by about 1330 the band had cleared
out.  Went to 40 at 1330Z.  N7MB came by last week and we replaced a coax jumper
near the feedpoint with a longer one so I was able to raise the inverted vee
another 10 feet.  I felt about as strong on 40 as 80.  At 1336 had 84 QSOs, at
1344Z had 100, but things thinned out.  Called K9MA for the 3rd time and he went
back to someone else. Had a hard time the last few minutes finding anyone new.