[3830] CQWW CW IR2C(IZ1LBG) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 15:45:28 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: IR2C
Operator(s): IZ1LBG
Station: IK2YCW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:

  160:  274    22       83
   80:  768    31      113
   40: 1467    39      148
   20: 1657    38      147
   15:  334    33      119
   10:   42     9       25

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

First an huge thanks to Claudio, IK2YCW, to let me use his wonderfull station,
for preparing the station the weeks before the contest and for the great
hospitality.

Mr Murphy knocked on the door twice during the contest.
First time just before beginning of the contest when DXLog suddently closed and
just refused to reopen. Lost the first 20 minutes of the contest to move all
setup to Wintest. Anyway I loose the possibility to use the 2nd keybord and
almost the possibility to dual-CQ during the contest (the setup was one PC
only). I therefore switch to assisted category insted the un-assisted planned
one hoping to a good result.

Second, on Saturday evening the rotator of one of the towers just stucked to
110° due to the high wind that has hitted the area for the whole week before
the contest (and during the weekend also). Lost in that way 2nd direction on 20m
and 40m and principal antenna for 10m and 15m. Moreover ,I have the only remaing
antenna for 40m and 20m on the same boom therefore I had some problem on working
the far east mult on 40m when I was running US on 20m.

It was anyway fun, the station performed great, especially 80m and 160m with
great run both days. Condition on low bands was good, while very bad on 10m, 15m
ad sometimes also 20m was just marginal (especially on Sunday).

This was my first serious SO operation in the CQ WW CW.
As ausual, I'm alreay looking for the next one!

Thanks all for QSO!

Filippo IZ1LBG
PS. Thanks also to Stefano IK2JUB and the IR2C group to let me use their contest
callsing!