[3830] CQWW CW OH5Z M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Nov 29 15:22:14 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: OH5Z
Operator(s): LB3RE OH1WZ OH2BU OH4XX OH5CZ OH6KZP OH6XX OH7CW OH7WV
Station: OH5Z

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:

  160:  716    21       86
   80: 1563    32      127
   40: 2183    38      138
   20: 1689    39      155
   15:  240    31      113
   10:   45     7       24

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This was one to remember. We got nice group of top of the line operators
together to run OH5Z in M/2 category which hasn't been run very often in CQWW.
Conditions were somewhat disturbed making especially night times rather long. No
20m night time runs to NA which forced us to stay on low bands. Since everyone
else were on low bands they were really crowded especially 80m.

20m was a bit of a disappointment QSO wise but mults are really good. 15m was
way better than anticipated before the contest as was 10m. Both produced a lot
of multipliers.

The whole team worked really hard on the 6 operating positions we had. Two
identical sets of RUN+INBAND+MULT stations were setup and occupied for most of
the contest. Especially inband stations showed how valuable they were for the
score. Out of 6436 QSO's we had almost 1800 inband S&P QSO's. That is a
lot.

I want to thank the incredible crew we had during the weekend for doing really
good job. We had tight battle with our Swedish rivals at SK3W which we lost this
time. It was fun to follow online scores at cqcontest.net. Congrats guys for
winning the unofficial Scandinavian M/2 title :)

Thanks for everyone who called in. Hope to hear you again in next contest.

73,
Juha OH6XX