[3830] CaQP K8MR SOFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Oct 5 22:22:50 EDT 2019

                    California QSO Party - 2019

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 0:05

   40:   3      0
--------------------
Total:   3      0  Mults = 3  Total Score = 27

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I stopped by to meet Tim, N6WIN, at his superstation under construction in
Wickenberg, Arizona, while heading back to Phoenix after a week with my XYL in
Sedona and the Grand Canyon. After a tour of the place, I asked Tim if I could
get on for a few QSOs so that I could add Arizona to my states operated from
list, and Tim was willing.

He fired up his Flex radio and connected a low dipole. I have never operated a
Flex, so tuning with a mouse was a new experience. When I called my first guy, I
found that the paddle was hooked up for left hand operation, so K6MR did not get
a rare K8MR QSO.

Not much mid day activity on 40 meters, but my mission was accomplished, and a
good time was had meeting Tim.

73 -  Jim  K8MR/7