[3830] CQ WW RTTY IQ4FC(@IR4M) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 6 07:25:56 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: IQ4FC
Operator(s): HB9CAT I4EWH I4IFL IK4DCW IK4HVR IK4MGP IK4WMH IU4FNO IW3FVZ IZ4NIC
Station: IR4M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MonteCodruzzo (FC)

   80:  390       22      71    19
   40: 1153       51     101    32
   20: 1590       57     109    37
   15:  289        8      72    25
   10:   31        0      26     5
------------------------------------
Total: 3453      138     379   118  Total Score = 5,355,590

Despite all bands suffered the terrible propagation conditions, further
worsened by a solar flare, this was a fun contest.

We used IQ4FC callsign instead of the usual IR4M because in Italy we are
not allowed to use contest calls for CQWW RTTY (and many more...).

Only 9 QSO with USA on 15m (K1SFA, AA3B, W1DX, WA1Z, K9CT, K3KG, NR4M,
K5ZD, K3MM) and none with VE. Obviously no NA at all on 10m.

As already mentioned, also low bands suffered a lot, and on 80m we have
no QSO from W0, 6 and 7!

For the above reasons we mainly operated on 20 and 40, definitely the
money bands!
Thanks for the 5 bands QSO to 9A1A, EI7M, EM2Q, EW6W, HG1S, LX7I, OK7O,
P33W, PY2KJ, S50W, UA2CZ, UW1M.

We had some problems to the 20m antenna stack, which needed several
on-the-fly repair interventions. Thanks IZ4NIC for the several tower
climbs!

Thanks also to Paolo I4EWH for management and organization of the contest.

Thanks to LZ5R for the nice race on cqcontest, as usual there's low
participation in it, but we're there!

CU in SSB leg, this time as IR4M!