[3830] CaQP W6UE M/SSchool HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 6 19:09:50 EDT 2019

                    California QSO Party - 2019

Call: W6UE
Operator(s): N9JAM N6AN
Station: W6UE

Class: M/SSchool HP
QTH: LANG

   40:  168     84
   20:  204    128
   15:   48      2
--------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

N9JAM,James, a junior physics major, and I were able to operate about a third of
the contest period.
Murphy was with us this weekend!
We had problems with the A3S tribander and had to run low power much of the time
to keep it happy. Sunday morning it stopped working altogether on 15 and 10 so
with only one other antenna, a 40 meter inverted vee, our possibilities were
limited. The vee accepted 700 watts on 15 meters and more on 40. The yagi did
radiate on 20 albeit with high swr.
KL7SB and VY1AAA called in on 40 Saturday for two of the last mults and K1IB
came through this morning on 20 with VT. VE4 was never heard, probably a result
of limited operating time.
After about 10 years busy with other things James is getting back on the air and
shows great form.
Thanks for the Qs. I do love the CQP! Kudos to NCCC for making it happen.

73,
David N6AN Caltech ARC (CITARC)