[3830] CaQP K6C(WQ6X) SO(A)Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 6 22:09:15 EDT 2019

                    California QSO Party - 2019

Call: K6C
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: SO(A)Fixed LP
QTH: Concord, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 9:15

  160:    5     0
   80:   36     1
   40:   50     1
   20:   56     1
   15:   13     0
   10:    1     0
    6:    0     0
    2:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  161     3  Mults = 35  Total Score = 17,115

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

This was an experimental operation from W7AYT's QTH in Concord.
My time was divided between running Cw remotely (via an Elecraft
K3/0) to NX6T in Fallbrook and running as K6C (Kilowatt Six California)
from Contra Costa county (CCOS).
While the noise levels were HIGH in Fallbrook, it was relatively quiet
in CCOS; then again, the signals were rather quiet as well.
Running mixed mode, I was QUITE disappointed in the lack of hearable
SSB stations, altho they had to be there somewhere as there are hundreds
in NX6T's log.
Running SO2-V allowed running CW (RX-A) and Ssb (RX-B) thanks to an old
classic FT-1000mp.  I called CQ on EACH band; first on Cw, then Ssb, then
back to Cw before moving on to the next band.

Antennas: CH-250 vertical, WQ6X Lazy 8JK Sloper, a single-Cobra Sloper
and the Hy-Gain 3-el Long John for 10-meters.  Hopefully in a couple of
years that Long John will be put to some good use.

You can read more about this GiG at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com.
Also look for CQP write-ups at: http://WQ6X.Info/CQP.

C'Yall Next year with a bunch of new surprises.

Ron
WQ6X