[3830] CaQP NT6Q(N5ZO) M/SFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 6 22:34:23 EDT 2019

                    California QSO Party - 2019

Call: NT6Q
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: M/SFixed HP
QTH: SDIE
Operating Time (hrs): 29+

  160:    32     5
   80:   250    68
   40:   426   200
   20:   546   477
   15:   166     3
   10:     2     2
--------------------
Total:  1422   755  Mults = 58  Total Score = 335,008

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

We have operated last 3 CQPs with David N6AN as 2 man Multi-Single team, and
that was still the plan for this year but on Friday he called and informed me
that he couldn't make it down to SDIE this year and he operated from W6UE.  I
decided to still enter as M/S and try if I could beat our M/S record we were
able to set last year.  Fall-back if I felt like sleeping the night was to take
the time off and just convert into SO(A).  At the end I did not and I operated
29+ hours but couldn't quite get to our last year score.  I think conditions
were significantly down from last year, and also nighttime activity on bands
during those super slow 6 hours was less this time. Last year those slowest 6
hours yielded 195 contacts with lots of station moving between modes and bands,
this time those slowest 6 hours yielded just 169 Qs.  High bands were missing in
action and even 15 m was extremely poor with very weak signals most of the time.
 Although sometimes band came up and some North East Atlantic stations got quite
loud for few minutes until band went down again.  It was lot of fun to try
catching K6MMM team on online scoreboard during first few hours of the event,
wish more stations would post their progress in that platform, it adds
interesting dimension into contest operating.  Tnx for Qs and hope to see you
next year again, hopefully bands start turning up for 2020, 73 de Marko N5ZO