[3830] CaQP K6M M/MCntyExp HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 7 11:30:44 EDT 2019

                    California QSO Party - 2019

Call: K6M
Operator(s): K4XU AA5TL W6RA AE7EU KK7YC WB7WHG WN7K
Station: K6M

Class: M/MCntyExp HP
QTH: Modoc

  160:    4
   80:  141     48
   15:   26      4
--------------------

Club: CODXC

Comments:

Two k3/kpa500 stations field day style on mountain a fire lookout in the Modoc
National Forest. Weather was beautiful, the band conditions were crap.
Worked all the tough mults in the first two hours but it took ten hours to find
an Alberta for the sweep.
Our two Buckmaster "high power" OCF antennas planned for 40/80m
coverage were non-functional on 80m right out of the box. They will be returned.
We could only use 100W on 80m because the KAT tuners could not withstand the
variable load presented. The 4 Q's on 160m were within 100mi with the K3 folded
back on SWR to 10W.
The gang had fun. This was the 21st consecutive time we have lit up Modoc county
for the CQP. We are happy to provide the multiplier to the deserving.
Thanks for the Q's.
73,
Dick K4XU