[3830] Makrothen RTTY N6WM(@N6RO) SO/Multi Xcvr HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 13 12:05:24 EDT 2019

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: N6RO

Class: SO/Multi Xcvr HP
QTH: CM97
Remote Operation

Total:  280  Total Score = 1,228,334

Club: Pizza Lovers 259

Comments:

A fully remote very part time 2bsiq SO2R effort into the N6RO station - only
operated a bit more than half of session 2, and 30 minutes of session 3. There
was 1 additional more serious Makrothen effort as well as an OC dx effort going
on this weekend at the station, very thankful to the N6RO team for making room
for me to support this very important contest as well as producing 2 Makrothen
efforts.

The distance based scoring is fantastic, and really has a fantastic affect on
the contest dynamic, especially from the geographically challenged w6 area.

No full time for me this test, this weekend would normally be a house and family
"by" for my contest schedule, but this test and its format is
important to support, as well as being a member of the sponsoring organization
warranted a presence.

EU participation great, US participation OK, now we just need to work a bit more
on asia pac and getting more of the US ranks into this.  thanks to the JA and VK
stations that got on it.

Operating condx at station
1 - Flex 6600-M
SmartSDR on Stn 6 computer - VNC conection
N1MM logger
1 - Power genius XL
5 X 5 X 5 stack on 15/20
4 X 4 on 40
4sq on 80

Control side
Maestro using SmartControl interface controlling SSDR instance at station
Thin connection (VNC) to N6RO station
Remote 2bsiq with 1 transceiver, 1 amp.

thanks for the q's and the grids during my short entry.

73 and seeya next time
Chris
N6WM